We offer highly motivated young people opportunities to join us at the Kuala Lumpur Office to gain practical skills in a broad range of disciplines, including, but not limited to: marketing, communications, publications, media relations, information technology and events management. Individuals who are interested in gaining exposure to leadership training are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be energetic, proactive, adaptive, and have a good-natured personality; have strong leadership qualities; actively involved in extracurricular activities; and a great team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Why Join Us
As an intern, you will receive a monthly salary of RM 600.
Some of the tasks required may include:
- Assist with the development and delivery of small and large scale events (conferences/programs/treks).
- Provide timely and accurate information to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with appropriate colleagues to develop and deliver the project and event specifications and ensure that the style and caliber of the projects/events meet the objectives and target audiences.
- To respond quickly and efficiently to all in-coming enquiries about the projects/events.
- Maintaining an accurate and updated database.
- Conduct research calls to education institutions, corporate organizations and government agencies.
- Actively seek out potential external sources of funding for relevant projects/events and develop strategies to secure them.
- Work in conjunction with various Sunway Education Group (SEG) departments as required, to ensure consistency and high standards in the delivery of projects / events.
- Ensure all events related administrative records are kept up to date.
- Work with other relevant parties to ensure projects / events are promoted to the appropriate audiences and in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support including workshop materials, stationaries, room and equipment booking, catering, fellows/speakers travel and other arrangements as required.
- Other duties as and when required by the management.
- In the event the internship runs parallel with leadership programs organized by the Center for Asia Leadership, interns may have opportunities to work closely with teaching fellows from different global universities. This includes supporting the fellows in research, preparing presentation materials, and other administrative duties.
We are looking for candidates who
- Current undergraduate with a full-time enrollment in a University, and a minimum CGPA 3.0 or its equivalent;
- Available for a minimum period of 12 weeks, and must commit to working 40 hours per week;
- Proficient in English.
- Well-developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills and excellent writing skills.
- Highly developed customers relationship skills and demonstrated clear commitment to quality service, customer care and customer liaison.
- A demonstrated awareness of the principles of confidentiality, privacy and information handling.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills including the ability to work on multiple activities concurrently, prioritize tasks and meet competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team environment and independently.
- Understanding of the structure and operation of a complex organization including the institute, university, government or corporate organization is essential.
- Familiarity with Photoshop and other graphics software is desirable.
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “CAL Internship”
- Your CV or resume, with clear indication of current course of study
- Cover Letter that describes relevant experience, skills, and motivation for this position
- Short Essay (less than 500 words) on what you hope to accomplish via an internship with CAL
Please indicate clearly in your email your availability start date and end date.
Recruitment remains open until the appropriate candidates are appointed. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.