How do I apply?
- Select a Program
- Sign up for a CAL account
- Login with your CAL account
- Complete application form
Can I apply for more than one program?
Yes, definitely! We encourage participants to take more than one program to help address their leadership challenges and continually grow as an individual. With that said, if you decide to register and apply for three or more programs, you are entitled to the group registration fee for all three.
Can I make changes to my application after submission?
No amendments are allowed after submission and we therefore advise all applicants to take careful steps in filling out the application form and answering the program essay questions.
Can I switch programs after I submit my application?
We appreciate your eagerness and curiosity in trying our different programs. However, we hope prospective participants will seriously consider their choices before submitting their application. Switching to another program within the registration period will be treated as a cancellation of the old application and submission of a new one.
Why is there a screening and selection process for some programs?
We are looking for serious and highly-motivated participants who are sincerely interested in attending our programs. We also need to make sure that the program is an appropriate match with your background and expectations. Getting to know you better will also help our team better design our programs to the needs of our participants.
What are the screening and selection criteria?
We want our participants to be able to fully immerse themselves into the unique and exciting learning experience that CAL provides. Depending on the program, we have selective criteria based on consideration of factors such as leadership potential or position, English proficiency, working experience, and accomplishments. In all cases, the applicant should demonstrate a desire to attend the program and willingness to make the most out of the experience.
How and when will I know if I am accepted?
It is always a difficult decision for us to choose the best participants. We conduct a thorough and careful review of each application that is received and will subsequently send you a notification email of your application decision. For those who have been placed on the waiting list, another notification email will be sent two days after the registration deadline.
Is my personal data protected?
What are the accepted payment methods?
Your safety and security is of utmost importance. Our preferred and main mode of payment is by credit card and there will be no additional processing fees. However, other payment methods include bank transfer and offline payment with cash at our office.
Will I receive a certificate after completion?
Yes, a certificate of completion will be given to all who completes the program.
What happens if I do not attend all the program sessions – will I still receive a certificate of completion?
Participants must attend all sessions of the program in order to receive the certificate of completion.
What does the program fee include?
- All course materials associated with the program
- A full meal plan
- The following are not included: accommodation, airfare, airport transfer, meals purchased that are not a part of the meal plan, and any other personal expenses.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, all participants are required to wear business formal during our program at all times. In special circumstances, the participant will be advised on the dress code.
* only applicable to youth & scholar programs
Can you tell me more about the provided accommodation?
- The accommodation provider views all security and safety matters as their utmost priority. Strict safety rules will be observed by the participants during their stay. Measures such as security guard patrol and curfews have been made by the accommodation provider to ensure that participants will be as safe and relaxed as possible.
- All participants will be able to directly contact CAL staff directly at any time.
I am staying nearby, can I opt-out of the provided accommodation?
All ALY & ALS programs are designed as residential programs for participants to maximize their learning experience and build stronger relationships with their like-minded peers. Participants are therefore required to stay.
What are the meal options?
All meals served will be strictly halal with vegetarian options. If there are any other special circumstances such as food allergies, please inform us in the application form and we will do our best to address your needs.
I’m an international participant, what is the entry visa requirement to enter Malaysia?
- It is the responsibility of the participant to have a valid passport and to arrange for a visa, if required. The participant must also ensure that the correct travel documents are carried along and available for immigration checks. CAL will not accept any responsibility for participants who are denied entry, for any reason. Please refer to Malaysia’s immigration department website here to check Malaysia’s entry visa requirements.
I’m from overseas. Will there be an airport arrival when I arrive?
As much as we’d love to warmly welcome all participants, we are unable to organize such an event. Transportation to and from airports is the participant’s responsibility and under personal expenses. Please click here for a list of transportation options and rates. Taxis from the two Kuala Lumpur international airports cost between thirty and forty US dollars to arrive at our program and accommodation venue.
I have other questions regarding the program, whom can I contact?
You may contact us directly [email protected]